Lead Software Developer
About the Role
We are searching for an experienced Lead Software Developer to join our growing team in Toronto. We are willing to sponsor Candidates to relocate to Canada who are qualified.
The successful candidate will be:
- Liaising between the team of developers, QA and the Product Team to build and implement functional programs with best practices.
- Developing software with clean, efficient code.
- Mentor and coach team members
In this role, you should be a team player with excellent communication skills, a keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with senior stakeholders to understand business requirements and help translate these into technical requirements for the development team
- Work with the development and product teams in the design, development, coding, testing and debugging of applications
- Write testable, scalable and efficient code based on specifications
- Conduct code reviews
- Collaborate with other teams in the development and execution of User Acceptance Tests
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Verify and deploy programs and systems
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Gather and evaluate user feedback
- Recommend and execute improvements
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
Your preferred profile:
- 5+ years Proven experience as a Technical Team Lead and Software Developer/Engineer
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Solid experience with PHP, Laravel, Vue.JS
- Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Hibernate)
- Excellent communication skills
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Attention to detail
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
What sets you apart:
- Proven experience successfully mentoring, coaching and leading Software Development teams.
Company perks and culture:
- Competitive compensation and employee stock option plan
- Generous benefits package including dental and eye care
- Work on a high achieving and driven multi-cultural team in a fast-paced environment
- Interact with global companies and organizations
Located in Toronto, Ulula is a Certified B Corporation that equips organizations with technology, data and analytics to monitor risks of human rights abuses in order to create more responsible supply chains. Our mandate is to improve working conditions in mining, manufacturing and agribusiness by sourcing and processing accurate and timely insights directly from workers across the globe. We have projects across the globe including India, Peru, South Africa and China with clients ranging from NGOs to government departments to household name brands.
Ulula is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.