About the Role
We are searching for an experienced Product Designer to join our growing team. The successful candidate will be involved in every aspect of the product design and development cycle, from initial user research to developing beautiful user interfaces. If you enjoy solving challenging problems, keeping up with the latest technology, and have strong design instincts we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct design research leveraging customer input, Ulula team insight, and design trends
- Collaborate with the Product Manager, development team and Programs team on outlining user flows, requirements and prototyping initial wireframes
- Produce intuitive and beautiful responsive user interfaces for web and mobile
- Present design prototypes and wireframes to internal and client stakeholders as required
- Work closely with the development team during development to communicate design solutions
- Run user testing to inform design decisions and iterations
- Perform design audits and reviews in advance of feature releases
- Participate in ideation and solutioning for new product features related to client projects and R&D initiatives
- Attend daily standup meetings with the technology team
- Assist with additional design tasks as needed such as website updates, marketing collateral design
- Assist with designing, informing and documenting user manuals and release notes as required
Your preferred profile:
- Three plus (3+) years professional design experience
- An impressive portfolio showcasing your UI skills and understanding of user flows
- Proficiency with contemporary design tools, including Adobe, Figma, Sketch, etc.
- Ability to clearly communicate your design specs to the engineering and programs teams
- Experience with various forms of user research
What sets you apart:
- Experience with PM platforms, such as Jira and Confluence
- Experience working with remote development team
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Passion for quality design and user experience
- Experience collaborating with customers and product delivery teams
- Desire to learn and become familiar with modern technologies
- Understanding of human rights abuses in global supply chain
- Ability to assimilate knowledge quickly and effectively
- Self-motivated with a tolerance for ambiguity and change
- Passion for equality and safe workplaces
Company perks and culture:
- Work with a high achieving and multicultural team, in a fast-paced environment.
- Interact with global companies
- Competitive compensation, employee stock option plan and generous benefits package including dental and eye care; virtual health and fitness.
- Office is located in the heart of downtown Toronto and easily accessible by transit
- Hybrid, on-site and remote work environment.
Based in Toronto with a globally distributed team, Ulula is a Certified B Corporation and a software and analytics platform that connects directly and anonymously with workers and communities around the world. Our platform obtains honest feedback and creates more transparent and responsible supply chains. Ulula is a social enterprise that aims to improve working conditions in mining, manufacturing and agribusiness by sourcing and processing accurate and timely insights directly from workers around the world. We have projects across the globe including India, Peru, South Africa and China with clients ranging from NGOs to government departments to household name brands.
Ulula is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.