About the Role
What you’ll do:
- Help establish best practices and standards for software development, including coding, testing and documentation
- Collaborate with developers throughout full cycle software development process
- Lead R&D initiatives to improve Ulula products, including business analysis and architecture
- Produce clean, efficient code based on requirements and specifications
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Integrate software components and third-party applications
- Lead initiatives in Continuous Integration/Delivery processes
- Verify and deploy programs and systems
Your preferred profile:
- Proven experience as a Software Developer working in an Agile environment
- Three plus (3+) years experience building enterprise grade software
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven, continuous integration and deployment environment
- Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Vuex ORM)
- Quick learner with ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Attention to detail, resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- BSc or Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
What sets you apart:
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, building processes, testing and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines
Company perks and culture:
- Work with a high achieving and multicultural team, in a fast-paced environment.
- Interact with global companies
- Competitive compensation, and generous benefits package including dental and eye care, virtual health and fitness subscription.
- Opportunities for funded training programs and career growth.
- Office is located in the heart of downtown Toronto and easily accessible by transit
- Hybrid, on-site and remote work environment (Applicants are welcome from outside Canada and for a full remote work experience. Please note that you will have to work according to the EST timezone).
Based in Toronto with a globally distributed team, Ulula is a software and analytics platform that connects directly and anonymously with workers and communities around the world. Our platform obtains honest feedback and creates more transparent and responsible supply chains. Ulula is a Certified B Corporation and social enterprise that aims to improve working conditions in mining, manufacturing and agribusiness by sourcing and processing accurate and timely insights directly from workers around the world. We have projects across the globe including India, Peru, South Africa and China with clients ranging from NGOs to government departments to household name brands.
Ulula is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.