About the Role
We are searching for an experienced Product Manager to join our team in Toronto. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the product roadmap and owning the development and delivery of product features; will have a strong business analysis background; strong oral and verbal communication skills; and solid project management fundamentals. You will work closely with Developers, QA, Product Designers and Program Managers and Implementers throughout the development and deployment life cycle. In this role, you will be a team player with a keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills.
What you’ll do:
- Translate business requirements and product strategy into detailed user stories and technical product requirements and specifications
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer requirements
- Liaise between business, programs and technical teams throughout the product development lifecycle, from requirements gathering through to product releases
- Oversee release planning and product feature rollouts
- Create and update product roadmap and development schedule
- Work closely with the product designer and development teams on product design and quality assurance on product and process improvements
- Attend daily standup meetings with the technology team
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver product feature enhancements
- Document release notes and user manuals for new product features
- Promotion and training to internal and external clients
- Lead communication and rollout of product feature
Your preferred profile:
- Five (5) years of work experience in Product Management, preferably in a startup environment
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Professional experience liaising between technology teams and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to develop project plans, manage multiple deadlines and goals
- Experience with creating product/feature documentation
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Exemplary customer service skills and a strong desire to help internal and external stakeholders
- Highly organized with good time management skills
What sets you apart:
- Proven experience managing stakeholder expectations in technology projects
- Experience working with remote development team
- Experience with PM platforms, such as Jira
- Desire to learn and become familiar with modern technologies
- Understanding and/or interest of human rights abuses in the global supply chain
- Ability to assimilate knowledge quickly and effectively
- Self-motivated with a tolerance for ambiguity and change
- Passion for equality and safe workplaces
Company perks and culture:
- Work with a high achieving and multicultural team, in a fast-paced environment.
- Interact with global companies
- Competitive compensation, employee stock option plan and generous benefits package including dental and eye care; virtual health and fitness.
- Office is located in the heart of downtown Toronto and easily accessible by transit
- Hybrid, on-site and remote work environment.
Ulula is a Certified B Corporation that aims to improve working conditions in mining, manufacturing and agribusiness by sourcing and processing accurate and timely insights directly from workers and communities around the world. Our software and analytics platform connects directly and anonymously with our target stakeholders to obtain honest feedback and create more transparent and responsible supply chains. We have projects across the globe including India, China, Malaysia, Peru, South Africa with clients ranging from NGOs to government departments to household name brands.
Ulula is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.